Wednesday, June 9, 2010

*tear*

yup, that's how I felt today. Like freakin crying like a 5 year old with a skinned knee.
I had my physical for SSI (for my back) and omg, that man was NOT gentle!

He was voted best doc in that town. Its a small town. Smaller than I thought apparently cause the dude was NOT great.

He was ummm...short.

Not in stature - although he was lacking there too. He was just like "Ok get to the point" and I'd love to, really, but you have to start at the beginning to get it. You can't start at the diagnosis, ask me how I know then expect the middle to be obvious here. You have to go through the time-line. Doc Shortstuff wasn't willing to hear it in order so he had to hear it out of order about 12 times before he could fill in the holes.

That's what he gets!

He tried to get me to walk certain ways. Heh, dude, I don't do that. My feet without my AFO braces are WORTHLESS! walk on the balls of my feet? No problem! I'll just have to tip over and kiss the floor real quick....
Walk on my heels? Sure! My ass wants to hug the floor though...
bend over and touch my toes? No. Not even going there - no headstands for me.
Bend to the side? Sure, but do you have a tissue? My eye seems to be dripping, maybe its a result the searing pain that's radiating down my spine. Oh, lay flat on my back for longer than 12seconds? You might want to just give me the box of tissues. Would you like to see what my muscles look like when they spasm? Cause you can see it right now! One time offer, Doc Shortstuff, better not pass this one up. No I can't stay still, I'm sorry, my back is currently driving this body.

So that's a recap of my appt. I was weighed and measured and bent and twisted and generally contorted to some evil man's plan. He also told me about 2302 times that he is NOT responsible for the outcome of my claim. Mkay. Whatever you say. No death threats from me, no worries Shortstuff.

So then I had to drive the 45mile drive home alone when all I really wanted to do was cry it out (still in a lot of pain at that point) and sleep. Being in pain is exhausting. Like seriously exhausting. In fact, I'm going to bed right now.

I bought salad stuff for tomorrow. Tomorrow I CAN HAZ SALAD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment